Rules & Regulations
This event is for novices / beginners and you will be matched accordingly.
Remember the reason you are in the event is to raise money for charity, so please leave your ego at the door.
You will receive 8 weeks free training at our selected training centre, if in Cardiff with Ex-World Champion Denzil Lawrence. This will consist of two one hour sessions per week. The days times and location will be confirmed at the registration meeting.
This will cover Fitness, Cardio, Weights, Strength and Conditioning. Championship boxing training that will help you improve your self-esteem, confidence, balance, coordination and flexibility.
At week 8 we will assess your boxing ability to makes sure that you are matched with a fair opponent.
We take it as our duty of care to provide the appropriate level of safety to our boxing events. To ensure this we provide Rules & Regulations, covering our training and events.
We look for all participants to sell a minimum number of 5 tickets, but as this is a charity event we don’t formally set a minimum amount. We do expect you to match our effort in you, with effort on your part to ensure the event is a success.
Participants in the training programme and attendants at the events have to be 18 years old.
We offer VIP table tickets, plus standard standing tickets.
You will need:
A pair of 16oz boxing gloves
Comfortable clothing to train in.
Fight equipment on the night will be provided by us, this is to ensure fairness and safety.
Your fight vest will be provided. You will need to have your own shorts and trainers / boxing boots.
- Over 18’s only
- All boxers train at our centre to enable us to assess you. We expect 75% attendance or we may not be able to allow you to compete.
- All boxers to have a pre fight medical and post fight neurological check with a qualified person.
- Doctor and PMT team to be be present are ringside, or fight will not proceed.
- Corner team to be provided by training centre staff.
- Men and Women can compete
- All fights are 3 x 2 minute rounds, with 1 minute intervals.
- 16oz Gloves provided will be worn on the night. Full headgear will be worn at the event (provided).
- Scoring by Referee
- We will expect each fighter to sell a minimum amount of 5 tickets for the event.
- Each fighter will be expected to raise a minimum of £50 on Justgiving.
- Strict Dress Code – black tie, shirt, trousers and shoes for Gents. Ladies dress to impress.
8 weeks boxing training FREE
Raise funds for charity
The Stroke Association, a worthy inclusive charity
FREE Champions for Charity fight night vest
Help and support from the trainers of champions
Professional high quality images of your fight
A fair fight
We will match you with someone we judge of similar ability.